- Squeezes seedlings between its rubber jaws and roots them of the ground
- Cleaning pine and spruce seedling stands
- Clearing power and gas pipe lines, headlands, field edges and bushes
uprooting spruce SEEDLING STANDS, YOUTUBE-VIDEO
Uprooting railroads, youtube-video
Mechanized cleaning of seedling stands
The Naarva uprooter is a revolutionary invention for mechanical cleaning of pine and spruce seedling stands. Naarva uprooter presses unwanted saplings between rubbers with its jaws and roots them out of the ground.
Uprooting beats manual cleaning with clearing saw in every way. Seedling stand has to be treated only once, and unwanted seedlings dry out. Uprooted vegetation does not resprout. Since there is no competition of unwanted saplings in the planting site, the spruce and pine seedlings have more nutrients and grow much faster in length and diameter.
In good conditions the working rate for Naarva P25 is 4 hours per hectare. Average 6,2 h/ hectare. Costs of cleaning can be halved with Naarva uprooter.
Benefits of uprooting
- Seedlings grow much faster in diameter and length because there is no competition from unwanted seedlings.
- No sprouts, and work can be performed throughout the whole period of unfrozen soil.
- Drying and breaking of roots prevents the establishment of unwanted seedlings.
- The costs of stand management can be halved.
- Stump sprouts and all unwanted seedlings are disposed with one treatment. Only one uprooting is required before first thinning.
(Growth comparison of uprooted and manually cleaned spruce stands. Koneellinen metsänhoito, Mikael Kukkonen, 2013, Kopijyvä Oy)
(Cost comparison. Koneellinen metsänhoito, Mikael Kukkonen, 2013, Kopijyvä Oy)
GET RID OF ROADSIDE VEGETATION PERMANENTLY!
Uprooter is also great for removing roadside vegetation. It can be used for clearing of
headlands, power and gas pipe lines, and railway and road bed shoulders. Uprooter pinches
unwanted seedlings between its rubber jaws and roots them off the ground. Uprooting dries
and breaks the roots and prevents resprouting. P25 uprooter can be mounted to excavators or harvesters.